The Andhra Pradesh (A.P.,) Government took a few necessary steps to curb the spread of the Novel Coronavirus, as the numbers increased to 180 on the 4th of April.
The Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) decided to impose Essential Services Maintenance Act (ESMA) for helping the public. The act which ensured delivery of essential items and services to the public, has been imposed on all the private and public health care centres and hospitals.
The Essential Services Maintenance Act (EMA) would be implemented from the date of announcement till six months as part of the coronavirus outbreak precaution.
If any private or public hospital refuses to comply and follow the Government order would be punished and would face consequences. Besides hospitals, a few public corporations are also under the scheme in Andhra Pradesh.
The departments under the ESMA category are:
- Employees of all services in the Department of Health,
- Doctors, nurses, health staff, sanitation staff, medical equipment purchase, maintenance staff.
- Pharmaceutical production and transportation personnel.
- Ambulance services.
- Fresh water and electricity supply.
- Security personnel.
- Food Supply Staff.
- Evacuation of biomedical waste.