Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh (AP,) on the 6th of September, visited Srikakulam, AP.
Mr. Reddy, during his visit, went to the Indian Institute of Information Technology (IIIT) at SM Puram, Srikakulam. Mr. Jagan inaugurated new blocks and classrooms and interacted with the IIIT students.
On the occasion, Jagan said soon, the Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party (YSRCP) will recruit additional staff to enhance the facilities at IIIT Srikakulam. He further assured the students the new Government wants to develop the IIIT in Srikakulam and will resolve the issues faced by the students.
Speaking about the bifurcation of Andhra Pradesh into Telangana and Andhra Pradesh in 2014, he said 98 % of the IT departments and companies are in Telangana, whereas AP only got 2 % of them.
Moving further, Jagan Mohan Reddy said 75 % of the jobs will be provided to the locals of the State, whereas the remaining 25 % will be given to others.
The YSRCP will also constitute a regulatory committee, which will control the issues of IIIT Srikakulam and will regulate the fee structure.
Mr. Jagan returned to Visakhapatnam on the evening of the 6th of September.
Stay tuned for further updates.