Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy, the Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh (AP,) on the 10th of June, held a conference with the new Cabinet Ministers of Andhra Pradesh.
The meeting, which began at 10:30 A.M., on the 10th of June, continued till late evening. During the meeting, Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy and the Cabinet Ministers took some key decisions regarding the Navaratnalu scheme and the welfare of the citizens of AP.
After the meeting concluded, Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy ordered the Cabinet Ministers to take over their respective charges and act as per what was discussed.
The key decisions taken during the meeting were:
- Hike in the pension of senior citizens of Andhra Pradesh up to Rs. 2,250.
- Increment in the salary of ASHA workers from Rs. 3,000 to Rs. 10,000.
- Increase of 27 % IR (Interim Relief) to key government employees.
- Implementation of Rythu Bandhu scheme under the Navaratnalu scheme.
- To improve and strengthen the education, employment and government schools in the State.
- Salary hike to Municipal workers and Home Guards.
- Increment in the salaries of community health workers Rs. 400 to Rs 4,000.
- Approve the implementation of the Amma Vodi scheme from January 2020.
Mr. Reddy also ordered the Cabinet Ministers to prepare a report regarding the merging of the Andhra Pradesh State Road Transport Corporation (APSRTC) and the Road Transport Corporation (RTC) and submit it within 2 weeks.
The AP Government will also work on designing strategies to restrict the consumption of alcohol in the State.
The Cabinet also discussed about the implementation of the Rythu Bharosa scheme and the unemployment allowance scheme for the youth in AP.
The Cabinet also decided to constitute a committee to dismiss the former Government’s Contributory Pension Scheme (CPS.)
Mr. Reddy asked his Cabinet Ministers and Deputy Chief Ministers to maintain a transparent government and work positively for the welfare of the people of AP.