A minor fire broke out, today afternoon, on the second floor of a building in Dabeerpura, Hyderabad.
No casualties were reported as people residing on the 2nd floor of the building were evacuated immediately.
Two fire tenders rushed to the spot, around 12:40 P.M., and extinguished the fire, after the Fire Department got a call about the breakout of fire. It took approximately 30 minutes for the fire tenders to douse the fire.
Prem Kumar, the Station Fire Officer, said, “An elderly woman was inside the house when a short circuit in air conditioner triggered the fire. The house was evacuated immediately.”
Property worth Rs. 1.5 lakhs was destroyed in the fire. The property included household articles, bedding and doors.
According to the initial investigation, the reason behind the fire is suspected to be a short circuit. However, the reason is yet to be confirmed and an investigation to ascertain the same is underway.
Stay tuned for further updates about the story.