Richest people in the World : Everyone is born the same but a few decide that they are made for more than most can imagine. They go on to forming this list of the richest people in the world.
1. Jezz Bezos: The richest man in the world at present is Jeff Bezos who overthrew Bill Gates from the number one spot. Jeff Bezos is the founder and CEO of the retail giant Amazon. Bezos started Amazon.com in 1994 after quitting his New York hedge fund job. Initially, Amazon was a book retailer that Bezos operated from his garage in Seattle. Now, Amazon.com is one of the world’s biggest online shopping site. Jeff Bezos’ company is now worth $ 430 billion in the market.
Once, Amazon kick started Bezos went on to expand his worth and owns a private space company called Blue Origin. Bezos went on to purchase The Washington Post in 2013 for $250 million. Amazon has also bought the grocery food chain Whole Foods in June for $13.7 billion.
Net Worth – $90.6 billion
2. Bill Gates: The second richest man in the world is none other than last year’s richest man, Bill Gates. Gates was a child in school when he used his first computer in 1967. A decade later along with his childhood friend, Paul Allen co founded Microsoft that changed the use of computers altogether.
Bill Gates was the CEO of Microsoft till 2000 and then remained the chairman and the largest shareholder till 2014. He went on to remain on the board of directors and acts as a technology adviser.
Net Worth – $90 Billion
3. Amancio Ortega: The Spanish self made billionaire is the founder of Inditex fashion group that includes the famous Zara clothing stores. Ortega is also the richest man in Europe and co founded Inditex with his ex wife Rosalia Mera in 1975. The 81 year old man is the richest retailer in the world and owns 59% of Inditex. The company operates 7,000 stores worldwide.
Net Worth – $83.2 Billion
4. Warren Buffett: The CEO of Berkshire Hathaway is an investment genius and iconic figure. Warren was only 11 years old when he bought his first stock. He filed for his first taxes at the age of just 13. Buffett expanded over time and now owns over 60 companies.
Warren is known to spend very little on himself, in a documentary dedicated to him he says he pays nothing more than $4 for breakfast at McDonald’s. Warren doesn’t splurge as a wealthy person in stead he has vowed to give 99% of his earnings to charity.
Net Worth – $74.3 Billion
5. Mark Zuckerberg: The youngest Billionaire on this list is none other than the founder of Facebook. The social media powerhouse first came into existence in 2004 while Zuckerberg was still studying at Harvard University. It was meant to be a campus social media site that blew up into what Facebook is today.
Zuckerberg is only 33 years old and like Warren Buffett, he gives 99% of his earnings to a charity owned by him and his wife, Priscilla Chan called Chan Zuckerberg Initiative.
Net Worth – $72.2 Billion
6. Carlos Slim Helú: The richest man in Mexico and a huge business tycoon Carlos Slim Helú. This Billionaire owns more than 200 companies over various fields of telecommunication, banking and retail. America Movil the largest mobile company in Latin America is owned by this 81 year old. He also owns Grupo Carso conglomerate company. Carlos also owns 17% of the New York Times.
Net Worth – $69.7 Billion
7. Larry Ellison: Oracle’s founder, chairman and former CEO is Larry Ellison and is the 7th richest man in the world. Ellison was not educated in computers, in fact, he quit college and worked jobs where he learned computer programming from scratch. The 72 year old Billionaire founded Oracle in 1977 which became the most famous databases used in computer history.
In 2014, he stepped down as the companies CEO. Ellison donates a lot of money to charity but also spends a lot on himself. He owns the entire island of Lanai in Hawaii.
Net Worth – $62.1 Billion
8. Michael Bloomberg: In the year 1981, Bloomberg L.P., was launched by Michael Bloomberg. The information technology and media company has grown over the years and is now worth $45 Billion at present. Bloomberg L.P. has over 100 offices worldwide.
So far Bloomberg has donated nearly $5 Billion to various causes like climate change. He is an experienced politician and served as the Mayor of New York from 2002 to 2013.
Net Worth – $53.3 Billion
9. Bernard Arnault: The man behind some of the most fashionable brands like Louis Vuitton, Sephora, Dom Perignon and Bulgari. This French Billionaire is the CEO of LVMH, the largest luxury goods company in the world.
The 68 year old Billionaire was not on the list till recently when he announced he would be taking full control of Christian Dior, a fashion brand he had bought in the 1980s to avoid the company from declaring bankruptcy.
Net Worth – $53 Billion
Charles Koch and David Koch: The second largest private company in the United states Koch Industries, was founded by two brothers Charles and David Koch. Koch industries produce brands like Dixie Cup, Stainmaster carpet cleaner and Quilted Northern paper towels. The brothers own 42% each of the company.
Net Worth – $48.5 Billion each