Today is Telangana Chief Minister Kalvakuntla Chandrasekhar Rao’s birthday. He was the main driving force behind the fight for separate Telangana State and was unanimously elected as the CM after the formation of the state.
We bring you 10 Unknown Facts about the CM KCR:
1. KCR was elected as a member of state assembly five times previously, four times as a part of united Andhra Pradesh and Telangana.
2. He was twice elected as member of Lok Sabha, but he resigned in protest as the formation of Telangana was delayed.
3. He also held the office of Labor and Employment at Centre and worked as Union Cabinet Minister.
4. At state level, he was Minister of State from 1987 to 1988 and also Minister of Transport from 1997 to 1999 as a part of United AP.
5. KCR also worked as the Deputy Speaker in the AP Assembly.
6. He is an ardent music lover and penned many songs during the Telangana Movement.
7. CM KCR can fluently speak Telugu, Hindi, Urdu and English. He is the first CM (after 25 years) in Southern India who is fluent in the national language Hindi. The only one who spoke Hindi in the past was Marri Channa Reddy.
8. The CM has a Maters Degree in Telugu Literature from Arts and Sciences College, Osmania University, Hyderabad.
9. After the formation of the State formation, Telangana had the highest number of swine flu cases registered with 500 cases and 17 deaths. The second was Delhi with 300 registered cases. After having a conversation with the Prime Minister and apprising the media about the situation in the State, he immediately removed the State Health Minister T. Rajaiah, from the Cabinet who was also the Deputy Chief Minister at that time.
10. In his own words, KCR considers himself a super farmer. He has a farmland of 60 acres which makes an annual income Rs. 10 crores. He mainly grows capsicum and potato crops in this land.
Well, we would like to wish the most efficient and generous CM of Telangana a very happy 64th birthday!