Shopping malls, restaurants, religious places and hotels are all set to open from the 8th of June.
Days after the Ministry of Home Affairs announced the Unlock 1 and lockdown 5.0., the Telangana Government issued an order allowing the opening of the aforementioned public places.
On the 4th of June, the Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) issued an official order to reopen shopping malls, hotels, restaurants and places of worship.
However, public gathering places like theatres, metros, educational institutions, metro rail, movie theatres, gyms, swimming pools, parks, sports complexes and clubs would remain prohibited. In addition, social, political, sports, entertainment, academic, cultural and religious functions and large congregations would also be restricted.
Though large gatherings are prohibited, functions like marriage and funeral/last rites would be allowed with 50 and 20 people respectively.
Meanwhile, the Ministry of Home Affairs issued a set of guidelines for offices, restaurants and religious places.
SOPs for offices
- Only asymptomatic people are allowed to come in.
- * Employers should stagger office hours and lunch breaks.
- * Buildings should preferably have separate entry and exit.
SOPs for religious places of worship
- * Touching of statues, idols, and holy books is not allowed
- *Shoes should be taken off in own vehicle
- * Choirs or singing groups are not allowed; recorded devotional music should be played instead
- * Public should bring their own mats
- * No physical offerings, prasad, or holy water allowed
- * Avoid physical contact when greeting
SOPs for shopping malls
- * Mall management shall deploy adequate manpower to ensure social distancing norms
- * The number of customers inside a shop is to be kept at a minimum
- * Only 50% of seating capacity is allowed in food areas
- * On escalators, persons on alternate steps is encouraged
- * Gaming arcades, children’s play areas and cinema halls inside shopping malls shall remain closed
SOPs for restaurants
- * Not more than 50% of seating capacity is to be permitted
- * Takeaways instead of dine-in is encouraged
- * Delivery persons should leave food packet at the door instead of handing the food packet to the customer
- * Digital payments are encouraged
- * Masks must be worn inside restaurants at all times
- * Restaurants should stagger patrons if possible
- * Disposable menus and paper napkins are advised, tables should be sanitised after every customer leaves
The issued order would come into effect from the 8th of June.
Stay tuned for further updates.