The Tamil Nadu Government, on the 15th of June, announced complete lockdown in four districts of Tamil Nadu.
Palani Swamy, the Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu, took the decision due to the rise of the Novel Coronavirus cases in the four districts of the State
The four districts, Chennai, Kanchipuram, Chengalpattu and Tiruvallur districts would be under strict lockdown from the 19th of June to the 30th of June. These districts are under the Chennai Metropolitan Commissionerate.
There would be no exemptions in these districts for twelve days. Tamil Nadu has the second highest number of cases of COVID-19 in India.
As of yesterday, there were 44,661 positive cases in the state. More than 430 people lost their lives.
The ruling Government even released a set of guidelines to be followed during the imposed lockdown.
Here are guidelines
1) Essential Services like medical and pharmaceutical would run accordingly.
2) Rental cabs and auto services are not allowed except in emergencies.
3) Government offices shall render services with one third of employees.
4) Employees who live within containment zones are entitled not to come to work.
5) Banks will operate on the 29th June and the 30th of June.
6) Vegetable and grocery stores operate from 6 am to 2:00 P.M.
7) Hotels and restaurants operate from 6:00 A.M.,to 8:00 P.M. However, only parcels are allowed.
8) Rations, essentials and mobile shops operate from 8:00 A.M., to 2:00 P.M.
9) No tea shops are allowed.
10) Electronic and print media are allowed.
11) Amma canteens and community kitchens would be functional.