The 2021 Indian Premier League (IPL) auction is being held in Chennai on the 18th of February.
All the 8 IPL franchises are a part of the 2021 IPL auction event. The auction is being held for 60 players of the total 292 players for the 14th edition of the IPL. Of the total 298 enlisted players, 164 are Indian players and 125 are overseas.
The 13th edition of the IPL was held in Abu Dhabi, the United Arab Emirates (UAE) in 2020 amid the Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19.
In today’s event, Punjab Kings have the biggest purse and will be looking for another rejig.
Even Royal Challengers Bangalore, are looking to revamp the team while Chennai Super Kings look to create a new core.
Mumbai Indians and Delhi Capitals, the finalists of the 2020 IPL would also look to make key additions to their team.
Here is the full list of players at IPL Auction 2021:
1) Karun Nair – Unsold
2) Alex Hales – Unsold
3) Jason Roy – Unsold
4) Steve Smith – Delhi Capitals – Rs. 2.2 crores.
5) Evin Lewis – Unsold
Aaron Finch – Unsold
7) Hanuma Vihari – Unsold
8) Glenn Maxwell – Royal Challengers Bangalore – Rs.14.25 crores
9) Kedar Jadhav – Unsold
10) Shakib Al Hasan – Kolkata Knight Riders – Rs. 3.2 crores
11) Moeen Ali – Chennai Super Kings – Rs. 7 crores.
12) Shivam Dube – Rajasthan Royals – Rs. 4.4 crores.
13) Chris Morris – Rajasthan Royals – Rs. 16.25 crores.
14) Dawid Malan – Punjab Kings – Rs. 1.5 crores.
So far, Chris Morris is the most expensive player in IPL history. He broke Yuvraj Singh’s record of 16 crores.
The auction event is still underway.