Camfecting: Dos And Don’ts To Stay Safe From The Camera Hacking
Written by: Tanya Patel - April 4, 2018
Here are a few Dos and Don’ts to stay safe from Camfecting, a new privacy violation to hack into a person’s webcam. This latest cybercrime made its way to Hyderabad with the first victim, a female student in the City. The student was blackmailed with pictures of herself taken by the accused through her webcam. The hacker sends a link to the victim that releases a Trojan horse virus if clicked. The accused will then gain access to the victim’s web camera.
- Use a high quality and upgraded operating system.
- Ensure your system uses a good quality premium antivirus.
- Change your system and email account passwords regularly.
- Tape the attached web cameras with a sticker or cloth.
- Do not open emails from unknown contacts.
- Do not download content from unsecured websites.
- Do not download unverified free applications.
- Do not leave the webcam on while the system is on standby.
Latest News View All
2 days ago
Trending News View All
11 months ago
1 year ago
3 years ago
1 year ago