The Bihar Government extended the lockdown in the State till the 16th of August.
Initially, the lockdown was imposed till the 31st of July.
The Home Department of the Bihar Government released a notification regarding the same.
The decision to extend the lockdown was taken due to the situation in the wake of the Novel Coronavirus or COVID-19.
Terming the COVID-19 situation in Bihar as ‘alarming,’ the Nitish Kumar led Bihar Government extended the lowdown.
Bihar recorded a total of 45,919 cases with 2,328 new cases in the past 24 hours. Of the total positive cases, 15,141 are active cases, 30,504 are recovered/discharged cases and 273 deceased.
The official notification regarding the same read, “The requirement for a lockdown is inevitable and urgent to contain the further spread of the COVID-19 within the State.”
The guidelines to be followed during the lockdown are:
- 50% staff strength in both private and state government offices. Officers would have to come to the office.
- Other emergency services, electricity, water, municipality, hospitals, would function.
- Shops, banks, ATMs will function normally
- Educational institutes would be closed.
- All places of worship would be closed. There will be no exception.
- No gathering would be allowed.
- Sports complexes would be allowed to open. But no spectators allowed.
- DMs will not have the power to dilute the restrictions. But they can impose some other restrictions as deemed necessary.
- Air travel and train travel will be unhindered as mandated by the Railways and the Director General of the Civil Aviation (DGCA.)
- Transportations which are not essential and are without E pass would be barred.
Considering these guidelines, one needs to be under lockdown till the 16th of August.
The announced lockdown would be imposed from the 1st of August.